domingo, 28 de junio de 2020

Women Power


The coven members, including my grandmother and nieces
Hello Everyone, today I'm gonna write about women's power, because my entire life I've been surrounded by women only. I don't have any brothers, and my father moved to Belgium when I was 3 years old, so I grew up with amazing women that I want to talk about now. Also I should say that I went to a girls primary school for 8 years.
My mother, Lidia, is currently 56 years old, she has daughters, Karen, Romina, Natalia, Yorza and Rocío. She has had 4 partners in total, therefore not all of us have the same father. I remember that a teacher (male) from my school, where all of us studied, used to annoy me about this, saying that my mother was a "slut". I was just a girl, I didn't have the knowledge that I have now, but I still knew there was something wrong with this. After I growed up a little bit, I realized that what was causing me the most anger was his sexism,  because 1) he didn't have the right to talk about my mother's sex life , and 2) He didn't even know my mother's story.
She was 18 years old when she got married for the first time, mainly because she wanted to leave her house, where she was the older sister and had to take care of her 3 siblings and dad, because my grandmother had fled and my mother was left as the woman of the house.
She was 22 years old, and she had two babies who were 1 and 2 years old, when she got widowed. Since her husband died after being in a coma for several months, after being electrocuted at work. She carried on her own, luckily she had a house, she worked knitting and sewing every night, and taking care of my sisters during the day.
Five years later she remarried after meeting a man at her job, who was a Jehovah's Witness, so she was again subjected to sexist stigma. From this marriage my sister Natalia was born, and everything went well until my mother divorced that man when she discovered that he had another woman.
Ten years later I was born, because my father, who was my mom's new partner, wanted to have a child of his own, however, as I already mentioned, he left after 3 years. My younger sister was born after this, from a fleeting romance that my mother had.
As you can probably by now, she had bad luck in love, but she has always managed to raise us on her own, and she has always had to listen to many sexist comments that condemned her.
However, she bought her house on her own, and she had been paying for it for years and years. My two older sisters are currently professionals,and they had to study and work at the same time to afford university. I can say that all of my sisters have excellent values, because they witness the effort and strength of my mother, we love her and the we admire her power!

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario