sábado, 25 de julio de 2020

Narcissistic Personality Disorder Vs. Empathetic People

The Chemistry Between an Empath and a Narcissist Is Powerful But ...


Today I'll write about the Narcissictic Personality Disorder, and how this behavior is usually harmful when dealing with empathetic people, especially in a love relationship.
I choose this topic, because the most of the ''funas'' I have read, I can recognize this type of personality.
Narcissistic personality disorder is a mental condition in which people have an inflated sense of their own importance, a deep need for excessive attention and admiration, troubled relationships, and a lack of empathy for others. But behind this mask of extreme confidence lies a fragile self-esteem that is vulnerable to the slightest criticism.
An empathetic person, conversely, is very capable of understanding the other's feelings , which is generally attractive to narcissists, since an empathetic person will always try to understand and accept their behaviors. However, a love relationship between these two types of person can be very harmful, since with the passage of time, the empathic person tries to be accepted and loved by the narcissist one , but he only needs his self-love and doesn't  matter what the other may need, therefore the relationship ends in manipulation and constant guilt towards the empathic person.
It is important to know how to recognize these characteristics on time, since the longer they get involved, the bigger the vicious circle of suffering will be.
Personally, I think emotional education is very needed, especially for teenagers to learn about mental health, self-care, and when to ask for help.

3 comentarios:

  1. I like the analysis that you did and I think in the past I was narcissistic, but I realized about it in time and I did´t harm other people very badly, so I´m happy how I overcome this problem and don´t let it surpass me.

    ResponderBorrar
  2. Hi Yorza, thank you for your post! It made me realize many things :o
    I never have thought about the types of personalities in this ways, everyday you learn something new they say hahah

    ResponderBorrar
  3. Narcissistic personality desorder it's really interesting to me, I am studying psychology and I find that this disorder it's the hardest one to work on a therapy setting, because as a psychologist you can't be confronting the narcissistic trades of the persone or most likely they would end up abandoning the therapy process, and agree with you that it's really important to know what the sings are so we can know when we are dealing with a narcissistic type of person.

    ResponderBorrar